Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've had eggs benedict 3 days in a row. Deciding whether I should have it tomorrow too?

Heard the song Howl? By Florence and the Machine. Well, hear it.

Tried to walk to Paddington this morning. Went around the wrong side of the park and came out on same side we'd left from. Whoops.

Went to Windsor Castle today. Took a tour with Dave. Took pictures. Walked through state apt.s and the St. George chapel, and the Albert memorial. Saw a bust of some dude I'm related to. Saw a sword with an ivory hilt that was a dragon/st. george carved in ivory. SO much armor, so much coolness.

Also a hall with the crests of knights on shields all over the ceiling, but if a knight had committed a crime, their shield was painted over blank white, and left there to remind everyone of their shame. Ouch.

Had tea at a 17th CE restaurant, went back to St. G's chapel for an eveningsong by a choir from Brighton. Little kids. So Brit.

Came back on the train and walked through Kensington Gardens from Paddington back to Milestone, saw the Peter Pan statue and a lot of birds.

Also, the mars is coming! the mars is coming! YEEEEE-AH!

Addition: because I'm in a hotel room, and I have time...
filling out our room service breakfast card is taking like 25 min. just the way I like it.

Ate dinner out at italiano cafe and had caesar salads/split a pizza w. pesto, olives, and zucchini. mmm. Returned to talk about lil tieg's jr. prom. And watch youtube videos.

1 comment:

  1. what relative of yours has a bust statue in windsor castle? that's pretty baller amandatron. also, shields and armor and chainmail oh my! i saw robinhood a few days ago, very good sword fight scenes and lots of archery.

    ReplyDelete