Friday, May 14, 2010

The incredible status of my 2 week birthday has begun. All with food.

So it goes down like this:
Tuesday my momma comes in and we meet up, and immediately go to eat. We went to this cafe called Puccino's where I read a lot and had paninis, huge coffees, and a greek salad. Mine had bacon in it, but it was called the Mexican. Mom: "What does bacon have to do with being mexican?" ...? Yet to be answered. Then we walked around "the High" and the covered market to look at the cake shops, and I showed her around Catz/my room. Took her to White Horse, which is a tiny/cute pub that is also in the PBS mystery series we both watch. Yes, I watch PBS with a passion. Deal. Then we ate tapas at the amazing tapas restaurant and went to sleep v. v. v. full.

Wednesday we woke up late and went to Patisserie Valerie, where I had eggs benedict and coffee and mommy had a croque madame and both a cappuccino and a mocha. Obv why I love her. Then I took her to Christ Church to see all the HP things and the porter acted a bit cheeky. Also went into Corpus Christi and Magdalen, where we watched people walk on the grass and discussed why their shorts were so weird. Walked over Magdalen bridge. Went back to Catz to have a v. intriguing poetry meeting. Walked into room where friends were decorating the room and said "HI!...wait...get the fuck out!!" OK, got the fuck out. Met mums again to eat dinner at Wagamama w. rooms and stuffed myself with salad and duck dumplings. Back to Catz where I was met with streamers all over the room, cake, cheese, custard!, booze, and love. Got dressed, wore a skull-decorated cowboy hat with a tiara on it, JCR'd, park end. Met CuCl and had a chemical reaction. Kept trophy. Lost room's dress. And something else I have never lost before. Lost my shoes, but that I could see coming from miles away.

Thursday woke up/couldn't move/was sprawled on the floor wearing almost nothing when the scout came in to check our electric box. Sorrrry bout it. Met mommy w/ my sunglasses on, went to hotel to rest/type essay/eat delicious thai take-out. Went to dinner at High Table, had mussels and filet and cheese and champagne. All went back to room for more cake. Got a huge Ben's cookie cake...heart attack in mouth. Also have pirate and octopus cakes. Mmm overload.

Friday...wake up call meant to be at 10. I wake up to mommy getting ready. It's 9.40. Mum: "You should really get up now." Me: "What time is it?" Mum: "Almost 11." Me: "Did the time change?" (Because I didn't think so.) No, the hotel just can't tell time. So we got ready/coffee'd/tried to get her into the bodleian, but my tut was at 1 so we didn't have time. Had an amazing tutorial. No busy work here. Ever. Never. Met mums for high tea at Grand Cafe. Clotted cream. Mm.

Packed/Came into London london town, and ate dinner. Asparagus soup w. poached duck egg, apple tart. More clotted cream. D-lissssh-c-ous. Also got free champagne upon arrival. Life is good at 21.

Sign at the health club: "Rules for the Gymnasium" 7. Please refrain from dropping weights on your feet.

2 comments:

  1. that is a great rule.

    and this is a great blog. esp. food details and "chemical reaction" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, while there was some code i could not uncode here, i agree with celeste, and yum to the food details. definitely after all that eating and partying, it is essential no weights befall your toesies.

    ReplyDelete