Had Arthurian lecture with cutey face prof. He took our suggestions from last time! I suggested, after blathering about how much everything he says enthralls me, that he didn't need to read all the french aloud. This week, I kind of miss it. What to do, what to do?? Then did erranding, bought some babybel cheese because clearly it's v. british. Went to New Bod. library to get a book I requested from the stacks for Friday's tut. Brit Santa is working in that reading room! I will be going back there. Read that opera, Snegourochka, then peaced to the E. Fac lib. where I got all these books about Idylls of the King.
Finished that last night, but didn't really love it. Surprising, because T.'s Lady of Shalott is just one of my favorite poems ever ever: Out flew the web and floated wide; the mirror crack'd from side to side;/"The curse is come upon me," cried/The Lady of Shalott. There is also an Agatha Christie with the title "The Mirror Crack'd" and it is a good 'un. So good with tea! Being in britland makes me want to have tea with everything. Except morning. Morning always requires the coffee.
Am wasting time until Hall. Something about spicyness was mentioned before I screeched "no one reveal hall!" so we shall see. Tonight: Work! But! Also, bed early. Russky in the morning. And cheese market is back on tomorrow.
you write in a most intriguing code amandatron. also, cheese market? fun! tonight my host parents literally forced me to eat cheese after i'd already eaten a giant bowl of soup and a plate of braised endives and rice, simply because il faut.
ReplyDeleteRemember when a certain someone jumped into a party screaming the subjunctive?? Because I do.
ReplyDelete"No one reveal hall!" I quite like that you try to preserve the mystery of dinner.
ReplyDeleteAlso clearly no to Shakespeare, yes to poems.