Monday, January 25, 2010

So, semi-productive weekend in all. While yesterday, clearly nada, today hammered out a 3000-word essay all about King Arthur and his little exploits. And still had time to blog.

Going back to Friday for a minute, there are some important details crucial to this weekend’s events that need to remembered. 1. Motivation won out over sleep and made it to all lectures I’d wanted to go to. 2. Got the rocker leggings, and actually rocked them. Might even be wearing those again. With less eye makeup this time. 3. Almost brought bottle of russky water to tutorial sketchily in back pack, because went to Sainsbury’s (brit grocery) in order to stock for pre-Entz, but luckily, went with friend and she took over. Also went to cool costume/vintage store over the bridge. Didn’t have anything there for this time, but I will definitely be going back there if I need a. jester costume b. heidi costume c. kick ass boots.

For entz, had me, joan jett, a diana ross, an audrey hepburn, and an ambiguous Latina celeb. Rooms was going to go as l. gaga, but chickened out of her leotard at the last minute. Now we have a roomful of d. r.’s boa feathas everywhere.

My tutorial went surprisingly well; although at first got lost finding University college and then had need to run through the streets of oxford in my neon yellow raincoat like a neon yellow bat out of hell. But made it. And had really interesting conversation re: Gogol/Freud/paganism/Russian absurdists/guns and geese. Am pretty excited for next week. Reading more Gogol. Score baby.

The other lectures I’ve been to this week run:

Monday- Pushkin’s prose/ 20th CE gothic fiction

Tuesday-Arthurian Romances

Wednesday- Russian (class)/ 20th CE poets/ Scots Poetry

Thursday- Alexander Blox/ James Joyce

Friday- Thomas Hardy/ Shakespeare and the Supernatural

Later in term there’s also a lecture about Akhmatova, which I cannot wait for.

Also, Blok lecturer: looks exactly like Flight-of-the-Conchords-Jemaine. With little round glasses and a posh-er accent. SO GOOD.

Basically am way more motivated to go to lectures I don’t have to attend than the ones I was being graded in last semester. Reflection of –Nealon, I’m looking at you!- inadequate lecturers, perhaps? Maybe the accents have something to do with that too?

2 comments:

  1. I need pictures of said rocker costume. Also I need to talk to you! Stop living your life like a real person! It's confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nealon! blegh! in french, yuck is berk, alors berk! im glad youre having fun now get on skype and tell me all your stories you frilly scrilly little shmoolshkaboosh!

    ReplyDelete